POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Wooden Furniture : Wooden Furniture Server Time
9 Aug 2024 19:42:55 EDT (-0400)
  Wooden Furniture
From: Stephen
Date: 18 Dec 2004 01:24:22
Message: <41c3cd16@news.povray.org>
I have been spending a lot of time on this chest lately. It's the blend of
two hobbies, i.e. bitfiddling and woodworking. The workshop is getting
pretty cold this time of year so this chest may not be a reality for awhile.
I have the design totally animated so I can modify most of the dimensions
and it automatically adjusts everything.

I do have a question - I love the woodgrains, but I have never been quite
satisfied with the lighting effects. This object is 24 x 18 units around the
origin and drops Y*-36 and I have been fiddling with global settings and
lighting.

Some softer lighting to create more gentle shadows but still **bright**
diffused lighting is what I think I'd like ( I seem to have trouble getting
*enough* light on the subject)

Suggestions??

Here's what I currently have:

// place all settings of globally influenced features here
global_settings { assumed_gamma 1.8 }
// Have tried ranges of 1.5 to 2.2

light_source {
  < -100, 20, -50>       // light's position (translated below)
    color rgb <2,2,2>      // light's color
}

light_source {
  < 100, 20, -50>       // light's position (translated below)
    color rgb <2,2,2>    // light's color
}

light_source {
  <   0,  20, -200>       // light's position (translated below)
    color rgb <1.0,1.0,1.0>    // light's color
}

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Chest36x24x18-Leg416.jpg' (149 KB)

Preview of image 'Chest36x24x18-Leg416.jpg'
Chest36x24x18-Leg416.jpg